Call for Abstracts
28th September – 1st October 2022,
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
THEME: From Evidence to Excellence: Living Stronger.
The Congress Organising Committee is now inviting researchers and other interested professionals to submit abstracts for presentation at the 9th World Rett Syndrome Congress.
Submissions should contain new, previously unpublished material and be aligned to any of the themes listed below. Presenters chosen to participate will play a key role in the success of the Congress and will be presenting alongside invited speakers from around the world. The Congress will feature a wide range of exciting talks, discussions, and networking opportunities with experts, researchers, and up-and-coming leaders in the field of Rett syndrome or Rett-like syndrome.
The Congress has two main streams;
- Molecular & Laboratory Science
- Clinical Science.
Abstracts should align with the following themes:
Molecular & Laboratory Science
- MeCP2 biology and duplication syndrome
- RTT pathogenesis
- Epigenetics & DNA/RNA editing
- X chromosome reactivation
- Stem cell science and therapy
- Animal models
- Neurological functions
- Reversing RTT-gene therapy
- ]CDKL5, FOXG1, & other related genes
- Status of therapeutic strategies & clinical trials
- Genetic evidence: Present and future impacts
- Health care including mental health, pain & clinics
- Issues relating to the nervous, digestive, skin, immune, respiratory, musculoskeletal, circulatory or genito-urinary systems
- Issues specific to adolescence or adulthood
- Issues relating to parenting and caring of an individual with Rett syndrome or Rett-like syndrome
- Issues relating to their siblings
Speaker slots in the above themes will be 20 or 30 minutes at the discretion of the Organising Committee and will be dependent on the number of abstracts submitted to ensure a balanced exciting program. Poster submissions are also invited.
All abstracts are submitted on line and should be in English.
Review Process and Criteria for Submissions
Poster and oral submissions will be reviewed by independent reviewers and will be rated using the following criteria:
Importance of findings
Methods (for research presentations)
Appropriateness of interpretations
Relevance of topic to Rett syndrome or Rett-like syndrome research, the associated community and to Congress attendees
Abstract submission open – March 1, 2021
Abstract submission deadline – April 14, 2021
Notification to authors – by June 30, 2021.
Click HERE to submit an abstract.